Proudly Sponsored by:
1. All interested parties will be allowed to sign up between 12:00 and 3:00 PM the day of. A random drawing will take place to select the 10 lucky participants at approximately 3:15 PM. Chosen participants are to report to the stage area at 3:30 for contest preparation. In the event someone does not show, another candidate will be chosen. The contest will begin at approximately 4:00 PM.
2. Each competitor will start with exactly 20 chicken wings (10 drums & 10 flats) covered with hot sauce. Wings will be prepared by the winner of the previous years “Hottest Wing Award.”
3. Once the contest starts, the competitors will consume their allotted wings and place the eaten chicken wing bone back into the wing receptacle.
4. Beverages not allowed.
5. The competitor who consumes their twenty wings clean to the bone fastest wins the prize.
6. In the event of a tie between competitors, there will be a 60 second “run off” to determine the winner.
1. The wing eating competition is open to all amateur eaters 21 years or older who are in good health. Professional eaters, persons recognized by the AICE, the IFOCE or members of any professional eating organization are not eligible.
2. Any competitor with a serious ailment or health problem may not compete in the contest.
3. Competitors may eat sitting down or standing up in their designated areas. Any contestant leaving their designated area during the contest will be disqualified.
4. Competitors may not make physical contact with any other competitor at any time. Any competitor who deliberately makes contact with another competitor will be disqualified.
5. If a competitor vomits or regurgitates at any time during the competition or during the time period the wing count is being tallied, he or she will be disqualified.
6. The use of utensils is not allowed.
7. Chicken meat must be eaten directly from the bones. Stripping the bones of meat first and eating the meat at one time will not be allowed.
8. Competitors may not touch the wing basket or wings in the basket before the contest begins.
9. Competitors must place each and every finished chicken wing bone back in the wing basket. Failure to place wing bones back into the basket will result in disqualification.
10. If contingencies or disputes arise at the contest/before, during or after, that is not explicitly covered by these official rules, the Executive Judge’s decision will stand with the same finality as the rules.
First place: $50 Gift Certificate and the coveted Chicken Trophy.